If not all, most soon to be wed couple will agree that a quality Photo and Video Supplier is something you do not want to forgo on your wedding day. Your wedding day is your most awaited and most “expensive” day that ironically will easily pass, and you want to relive and reminisce every moment thru a well-captured photos and quality videos. You cannot just wish that your guest will capture awesome moments on your wedding which you will be delighted looking at because most of it will be their selfies, “awra outfit”, the beautiful backdrop and the food in their plate – but not necessarily about you being wed. #realtalk
We booked Studio1 Photography at SM Megamall Wedding Expo last May 2017. Studio1 is present in almost all Wedding Expo in Metro Manila and Luzon or even overseas like Singapore. If you are organizing a budget wedding but do not want to compromise on the quality, then Studio1 is a great candidate. If you’ve been inquiring about rates of famous Wedding Photographers or even unknown one which you see in Facebook, their rate may start from P40,000 to Php100,000. Most of them offer purely photography service only and no video. You will even add an extra for Prenup Photo or a Wedding album. What encouraged us to get Studio1 is that they already included almost everything you will ever think off for your Photo and Video concern – think about convenience and less hassle wedding preparation!
Studio 1 Photography
- Facebook: www.fb.com/studio1photographyphilippines/
- Telephone No: (02) 352 6678
- Website: http://www.studio1philippines.com/
- Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/studio1photography
- Address: Unit 1205, 12th Floor Corporate 145 Building, Mother Ignacia Avenue, South Triangle, Quezon City (Right In Front Of ABS-CBN Broadcasting Network Station)
- Basic 2 Package (the one we got) costs 29,750 (Discounted at 15% during the fair)
- Includes 2 Photographers and 1 Videographer
- Prenup Photo & Save the Date Video
- On Site Video Production (Same Day Edit, Growing Up, Prenup Photos and Couple Photos in Slideshow)
- Photobooth (3 hours)
- Thank you Cards
- Digital Frames of your Prenup Pictures which will be displayed on your Wedding Reception
- Photo Gallery (6pcs) and one life size standee which are your Prenup Photos printed on Card Board (you will take this home after your wedding)
- Magnetic Wedding Album
- Guest Book
- LCD Projector and Wide Screen
Studio1 seldom posts photo and video of their clients on their Facebook page or Website. You just really have to trust your guts on what you see on their booth during the expo and what you will read from reviews on Wedding Forums and Blogs.
Here is the Studio 1 Photography Portfolio in Vimeo
- Great thing about Studio1 is that they are systematic and very organized – their photographers/videographers are separate from the administrative side of bookings like payment and schedules. Upon booking, they will give you a signed contract and the post-booking guidelines. The post booking guidelines almost answer everything like the schedule of your next payment, mode of payment, things you need to submit, timeline, what department and their respective contact info if you need something like Accounting, Scheduling, Pre and Post Production Materials, etc. Judging from that kind of system, I am convinced that Studio1 is not just a budding Photo/Video supplier operated by starting artists but a formidable company already in the Wedding Photography Industry.
- The Accounting department will follow you up on your succeeding payment within your payment schedule. Which I appreciate since with all the stuff that are running in your mind for your wedding preparations, payment deadline maybe one that you will miss.
- The Scheduling department contacted us for the schedule of our prenup and also reminded us that we need to submit a song that will be used for our Save the Date.
- They are quick to answer queries thru phone, email and SMS. I also appreciate that they are open during weekend and holidays and some of their personnel will even answer your queries even during their day off or leave thru their personal number.
- They will reach you when your video and photo is ready for your evaluation. A month before your wedding, they will reach you for to submit your selected prenup photos for Photo Gallery, Standee, Photobooth, Guest Book, Thank you Card, Grown Up pictures, Couple Pictures and songs. If you are a hands-on bride (or groom) and at the same time preoccupied with your work and other activities, Studio1 is a great help to make sure that you do not miss anything on your Photo/Video during your wedding day!
- A day or two before our scheduled prenup, your assigned photographer and videographer will contact you and will confirm the time and place of your shoot. They will even suggest some place they already know that may be accessible from where you are coming from. During the day of our shoot, they were ahead of time and have already did advance inspection on the possible areas as background.
- Studio 1 package doesn’t cover your prenup styling, makeup and outfit so it is up to you to provide for your gowns, backdrop set up or DIYs. They encourage a three to four change of outfit and location. If you really have some Prenup peg in mind, hire a stylist or conceptualize. Just make sure that you have a separate team to do that during your prenup. Be in the location in advance and make sure that everything is set up (make up, set up, clothes) before your agreed time of shoot.
- Our friend who also got Studio 1 even met their photographer and videographer before the day of their prenup shoot to tell them of their prenup ideas and what they want to achieve.
- For the Photographer, i am really delighted to have hired a professional photographer. Studio1’s photographers and videographers will choreograph you and your partner with poses and the right angle. Kung hindi ka talaga artista at sanay sa camera, mauubusan ka talaga ng pose at mahihiyang umanggulo. Imagine, you will pose for different photos for three hours. The staff are easy to get with at parang hindi nakaka ilang o pressure. Our photographer always reminds my fiance to tuck his “extra rice” or to always chin up to hide his double chin. We appreciate that they will not just take our pictures but will make sure that the couple will look good and above all will express their natural self in the camera. We are very happy with the output and cannot wait to post it on our Facebook timeline when we got it!
- For the Videographer: Our Save the Date Video was so-so. We have shown a video inspiration to the videographer and he confirmed that he got the idea but will add his “style”. It was nice (editing and video wise) but we didn’t really like the overall video. We were not expecting a viral video kind but when we saw it, it was not that something we are proud to share on our timeline. Though not a big deal to us since we are already happy with the Prenup Photos. Our friend who also took Studio1 as their Photo/Video were very assertive to point that they had three revision and even came to Studio1 office to relay to the Video Editor how they want their video to be done. It is really up to you! Glad that Studio1 allows post editing and even will consider your suggestions on their work.
- If you want to get the raw video taken during your prenup (maybe you want to edit it by yourself), they will ask for an additional payment.
Here is a Gallery of our Prenup Photographs
- Two weeks after your prenup shoot, Studio1 is expected to contact you to give you the copy of your Prenup Photos in CD. You have to pick it up at their office.
- They will also send you the link of your edited Save the Date Video on their Vimeo Account
- You have to choose from your prenup photos your the picture that you want for your AVP slideshow, Photo Gallery, Thank you cards, Photobooth Template, Digital Frame, Lifesize Standee. You may email your selected photo’s to Studio1’s pre production department or submit it thru USB in their office. You have to submit this at least one month before your wedding so they have enough time to prepare the materials. They will submit to you sample layouts of Thank you Card, Guest Book, Photobooth templates which you have to approve before their actual printing. If you will not reply or comply with their given schedule, they will publish their work and consider it as “Artist’s Choice”
During the Event
- A day or two before your event, Studio 1 Schedule Department will text you of the team members that will be incharge of your wedding. Ours are 8 including 2 Photographer, 1 Videographer, 1 Editor, 1 Lightsman, 1 Photobooth Operator and Driver. One thing I appreciate about it is you will know the exact number of crew meal that you will prepare.
- The Lead Photographer Roldan is impressive. His captures are great and will make sure that you look good on your photo. When I was still wearing a robe, he asked to take my semi-boudoir shot and I applaud that he is able to ask you to do a pose without any hint of “malisya”. Please brides, do not forget to ask a glamour shot of you wearing your wedding gown! That was somethng I regret since my make up artists were late, I was the one late to be dressed up. 🙁 We were in a hurry during our photo and video session.
- It is good that you tell the shot that you want, like in our case us, our Wedding Ceremony set up has a very beautiful cross made with flower back drop. We requested to have a shot in front of it, and it was perfect. Do not hesitate to tell what you want, you paid for them in the first place. But do not overdo it like insisting “other photographer’s” style on them.
- It is part of the contract that Projector and Widescreen will be provided by Studio1 and they did not bring one. The leader of the team said that they forgot since there were several coverage being done by Studio1 that day. Thank God that our venue has a back up Projector lent to us.
- Also make sure that your coordinator will double check all their materials. Studio1 can accommodate several weddings per day and they may be confused with the materials they brought like your Wedding Standee, Gallery. My fiance now my husband told me that the Photobooth picture displays other couple’s photo. Thank God it was still early and their team was able to get the correct photo from their main office.
- The Same Day Edit is gorgeous and everybody is really happy about it. Their work is not a perfection but we are very happy because they are able to capture the emotions and the sense of the wedding.
- Prepare a USB where your Same Day Edit will be saved. The team handed us a CD after our wedding but we were disappointed that it only contained our Save the Date, Growing Up Videos but the Same Day Edit is not in it. We waited for at least three weeks for them to upload it on their Vimeo account. For us, it was a long turn around time but we were still in the wedding blizz so we didn’t stress about it.
Here is the Gallery of our Wedding Photos
Post Event Materials
- It will take around two weeks for them to release your official wedding photo. Though we wish that we will get a copy just after the wedding, the turn around time is still quick compared to our other colleagues who got their official wedding photos a year after their wedding.
- Feedback from Studio1 in Forums says that it will took a long time for them to turn over your post event materials like Full Video Coverage, Wedding Album, Blow up picture. True indeed. You really need to follow them up from time to time to the point na sobrang kulit mo na until they will give your request.
For budget brides, I will give 9/10 feedback to Studio1. They provide value for money and will give you more than what you paid for! Photo and Video suppliers are really expensive and we are very glad to have found Studio1 for our wedding!